Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Power in Friendship

There is Power in Friendship. I have a gazillion friends.  Some friends I know their every secret and others I just know they are special friends.  The old saying goes, “You can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family.”  It’s true, huh!

I think the good Lord gave us friends for balance!  Why the Good Book embraces friendship and tells us “Pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”

Have you ever had a fabulous new idea and enthusiastically shared it with your family to just receive a semi warm reaction?  I have.   But if you share that same fabulous new idea with a friend - they will help you write a marketing plan and serve as the Vice President of Enthusiasm for your new corporation!

I love my friends and cherish each one of them. We laugh ourselves silly when we are together. We find comfort just being near them. We love seeing their names on our email list and can’t wait to open the message. We will do anything to help them when they are in a tough spot without hesitation.  We just blend together with one heart and mind.  Friends are an endless gift of goodness!

My favorite quote about friendship is: “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."  Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment