Friday, January 13, 2012

Things That Just Make No Sense To Me

I don’t know what it is to be hip anymore.  I think I outgrew that in my 40s but I still try to keep up with the current trends. Here are some that just make no sense to me:

 #1 Trend that drives me nuts is the saying, “I know, right?”   If you simply say, “I know” that tells me you understand.  Why do you have to add, “right?”  It just makes no sense.

 #2 Trend are sportscasters who say, “The newly drafted quarterbacks are not the Peyton Mannings nor the Tom Bradys.”  Excuse me, but there is only one Peyton Manning. There is only one Tom Brady.  They are not multiples.  It just makes no sense.

#3 Trend is the perceived idea it is okay to reply to anything electronic in 140 characters or less.

#4 Trend involves employees who have finished a particular task and believe they deserve a break for doing what they are paid to do.  They even believe it is perfectly fine to walk down the hall and interrupt another employee who may not just be sitting there twiddling their thumbs.  The arrogance of the employee who expects others to stop working because they have entered the room amazes me.  It just makes no sense.

#5 Trend are bosses who do not feel they have the right to fire a useless employee.  You know who I am talking about - that employee who has not done basically nothing in oh, 12 years, but still comes to work because they know they are not employable anywhere else. So as long as they are not being called on the carpet for just showing up – they continue to do nothing and continue to get paid.  Bosses please listen up!  With so many super qualified unemployed people available right now, why are you settling for mediocrity?    It just makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment