Friday, June 8, 2012

Another Great Customer Experience

I love finding people going beyond the call of duty.  I really appreciate someone providing great service these days.   I found someone who does both very well. Her name is Beverly and she works at a local Laundromat.

Why would I need a Laundromat?  It happened when I woke up one morning to find bright neon green highlighter deposits all over the king sized comforter.  Why would neon green splotches be on the comforter?   I used the highlighter the night before to underscore exceptional thoughts in a book.  I thought I had secured the pen top but I had not.  And as I moved in bed, the highlighter moved with me leaving pools of highlighter in large and small places. Who knew highlighters had so much ink in ‘em lil barrels?

I do not have a heavy duty washing machine so I headed to a local Laundromat that had a sign in front of their business that read, “Let Us Do Your Laundry For You!”  That got my attention.  I walked in with that huge mound of highlighted comforter in my arms, peeking over the heap and, there, I met Beverly.  Beverly walked up and said, “What can I do to help?”

When I explained the situation she looked at me and said, “Do you want it back this afternoon or in the morning?”  No condemnation. No snide remarks. No rolling her eyes at me.  Beverly simply had service on her mind and delivering a clean comforter to me as soon as she could.

I got into a conversation with this effervescent, confident woman and heard her life story.  A foster child most of her life, she worked her way through college, married, had three children, and managed restaurants for years. Now she managed this laundromat because it allowed her more time with her family and fulfilling their goals.  What an achiever!

Beverly knew service inside out:  Service to her family; service to her career; service to her customers; service to her own life choices.

Here’s a big salute to Beverly. Thank you for outstanding service excellence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment