Thursday, June 7, 2012

Take Care of Yourself…No One Else Can Do It For You

May was a month when a lot of my friends got sick, hurt, disabled, well, you name it.  I do not know why it all happened at the same time but it did.  Could it just be my age and the age of my friends?  Could it just be bad things happen to good people?  Could it just be that everyone is so busy taking care of life – they forget to take care of themselves?

I think the answer lies in the fact that we do not take care of ourselves anymore.  I have made a living teaching women in my “Superwoman: Are You Invincible?” seminar that if we do not take care of ourselves we do not have a life!

Ask yourself these questions:  During a 24 hour period

1. How can you not have time to sit down to simply breathe and relax?
2. How can you be so busy you forget to go to the bathroom?
3. How can you not know the time of day because you are so focused on taking care of others?
4. How can you get so absorbed in work you forget about your children?  Your spouse?
5. How can you be mad at your family because they never help you out?
6. How can you blame others for the poor shape you are in when you have done nothing to fix
    yourself?

Wanna know why?  Because you have not made you a priority in your own life.  Hey, this is not a dress rehearsal.  We do not get ‘do-overs.’  We do not have the privilege of hitting a delete button and starting all over again.  This is it!   

Make an personal pledge that June will be a month of focusing on yourself.  Believe me, you are well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment