Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Final Two

I love sports!  I love March Madness.  This time of year is my favorite in the world of sports because many sports are starting their season and many are closing out their season.  2011 has already produced some amazing sporting events and it's only March! 

The year's March Madness competition has been awesome, baby!  I am amazed with these young men
(and women) who show such poise and maturity during the games.  This weekend's competion gives us superstars that were literally sitting at home, last year, watching the Final Four on television. 

The rise of VCU and Butler shows the big dawgs that there are great players all over the USA that may not have been recruited to the large basketball program colleges. I have enjoyed watching the #1 and #2 seeds losing in nail biting games.  What can I say?  I love an underdog.

And, I have to say I am totally impressed with the Butler Coach, Brad Stevens.  Looking like a player himself, (he's only 34 years old with a 86-14 regular seasons record) Brad has proven he can coach and motivate a team to almost beat Duke last year in the final game and he returns this year with the same grit and wisdom to possibly be in that final game again.  I'm a sucker for a coach who loves the game and great playing as much as the student's themselves.  His total transparency in the love of the game and his love for the players is so refreshing!

My final two teams?  Butler and Kentucky!  Wow that will be a great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment