Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Love Me Some Mardi Gras

I have been to Mardi Gras and had the time of my life.  I went while in New Orleans, attending a speakers’ convention, which meant I was with people who see the world in the same weird way that I do!  I shared some of these memorable moments with Dale Irvin, ( www.justjoking.com ), Hope Mihalap (www.nsavirginia.org/members ) and Al Walker (www.alwalker.com ) – all humorists ready to soak in the celebration with me.  We would break away from education sessions to get a REAL education in the art of having fun!
I absolutely loved the joy that was shown by Krewe members on the floats in the parades. They were happy to share the festivities with the sea of visitors.  They were thrilled to be chosen to be on those floats.  They were exuberant in throwing candy and beads to the energized crowds. And, that energy flooded over to the wonderful restaurants and jazz clubs.  It was great!
The colors used in Mardi Gras symbolize what I wish for everyone on Fat Tuesday:  Purple symbolizes justice, green symbolizes faith, and gold symbolizes power.

No comments:

Post a Comment