Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Should Be A Time To Be Thankful

I grew up in a wonderful Christian home with a family that loved God.  We were always in church every time the doors opened.  It was a vital part of our family life. We studied and believed the Bible.  Easter quite simply had a Biblical meaning.

The world looks at Easter as a time for excessive candy, bunny rabbits, yellow chicks, and Spring Break. 

But, the story of Easter is about Jesus, who died on the cross and rose from the dead in three days, to fulfill the promise of God.  John 3:16 tells us “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”   I believe in Him and I am thankful I know the true meaning of Easter.   I invite you to reflect on the true meaning as well.  Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment