Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tomorrow is my mom’s birth date


Tomorrow is my mom’s birth date.  Her name was Marion Hicks and she was a great woman of class and style.  When she was in high school, the word used to describe her in the senior yearbook was “serene.”  Wow, that is such a contrast to her only daughter’s high school describing me as “goofball.”  I am sure I never met with my mom’s high standards but she loved me just the same.  

I did get some good DNA from her which I appreciate in my life.  Among the traits inherited were: being a tom boy and loving sports; wanting to look as best as one could when in public; having a sense of purpose in everything pursued; and having a funny one liner to make the world seem good again.  Thanks, Mom for your genes and Happy Birthday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment