Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Casual Day Fallout


Is it me or have you noticed that people have lost their sense of style?  Oh, I am not talking supermodel stuff.  Nor am I talking WalMartian stuff.  I am talking about ordinary people that   seem to not care how they look any more. 

I think it all started with Casual Day Friday.  Employees were allowed to wear casual pants and casual tops or company logo shirts to be comfortable one day a week. It was a great concept!

Soon, employees moved to jeans and t-shirts to be comfortable one day a week.  Then in hot weather, employees started wearing shorts/skorts to be comfortable one day a week.  That led to employees wearing flip flops, floppy shorts, and floppy shirts to be comfortable one day a week. Women started wearing crop tops to show others their entire acreage of belly fat (eeeewww) to be comfortable one day a week.  Today, some employees just wear what is clean on top of the pile in the floor to be comfortable one day a week. And that’s just in the work environment. 

How many of you have seen people wearing pajama bottoms in stores?  Help!

Let’s face it.  In most companies every day is Casual Day now.  However, when we dress casual, we act casual. 

I do not bank on Fridays.  My bank observes Casual Day now.  Some employees wear the bank logo shirts. Why, some female employees have the nerve to make me look at their sausage packed leggings!  (That should be against the law!)  I do not want my money to be handled casually. 
I work too hard to get it! I want the employees to look like bankers no matter what day I chose to bank.  Seriously!

Personally, I think the first impression is a lasting impression.  It is the image we recall in our minds when we think of someone.  And lately, I have a gallery of unpleasant recalls in my mind.

Take a 360 degree look at yourself before you leave the house and think to yourself, “Is this the best I can look today to project the image I so desire?”  If not, please professionalize before you leave home!

No comments:

Post a Comment