Friday, February 24, 2012

A Tribute to Ivy Cavenaugh Schlentz

Have you ever met someone and made an immediate decision that you like them? I mean you just feel honored to be near them? That’s what happened in 2005 when I first met Ivy Cavenaugh Schlentz. She was simply precious not only in her pixie good looks but in her deep spiritual soul.

Ivy passed away in January after a valiant 4 ½ year battle with breast cancer. She was the wife of my speaker friend, Rich Schlentz. They had a precious love affair that most of us would envy. They laughed, they had fun, they enjoyed each other’s company, they challenged each other to be better humans, and they really were devoted to one another.

Rich gave attendees at the memorial service a glimpse into their lives. He shined for Ivy. He radiated her love. He made each of us pause to consider how we will honor the people we love. Thank you, Rich Schlentz, for being a remarkable role model for all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Laura. This brings tears to my eyes (not that I've needed any more of that the past 6 weeks). Thank you for writing this wonderful piece. On behalf of Ivy and me, we are honored and humbled. Love you my friend.

    Rich Schlentz

    ReplyDelete