Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Tribute to My Mom




This is my favorite photo of my mom in her twenties.  Look at the total joy on that pretty face. That smile could light Broadway.  My mom was a stable force in my life and today I want to pay tribute to her memory.

Marion Hicks was a classy woman.  Her high school class had to list one word that described each senior.  The word they chose for her – serene.  She always looked beautiful with her classic style of dress and every hair in place – no matter if it was at a gala event or hanging clothes in the back yard.  She strived to every thing as near perfectly as possible.  Everyone looked up to my mom.  Men straightened up and cleaned up their language when she walked into a room.  She got respect from everyone although she never demanded it.  She was the best role model for being a woman any one could ask for in life.

My mom died when I was 32 years old.  I always miss her as the loneliness of losing a mom early in life never really fades.  Although she is a hard act to follow, I find myself wanting to be more like her every day.  If  I only could.

Thanks, Mom for all your love and devotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment