Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Customer Service: Is It A Thing of the Past?

Have you noticed lately that very few people give good customer service?   And, rarely do you receive excellent customer service anymore. 

In the month of April, I can honestly say I received the worst possible customer service in a thirty day span than I can ever recall.  From my financial institution to my shoe store to my auto repair shop  - customer service sucked!

You would think in this time of a slowing economy that retail outlets and service providers would be on high alert for excellence in service. Why?  Because every dime that people spend today must be measured in importance.  People have an array of choices of where they can spend that precious, calculated money.  And, if people do not get excellent customer service, they will go somewhere until they find it! 

I am appalled at the number of times I go into businesses now and no one speaks! 
Whatever happened to Southern Hospitality?

I am amazed that employers allow employees to be on Facebook during working hours.  Whatever happened to Focusing On the Customer?

I am annoyed that workers show no concern for the customer and their needs.
Whatever happened to May I Help You?
 
You know what I perceive?  *Danger Will Robinson! Companies, listen up, we will stop buying and dealing with you if you don’t turn your efforts into putting the customer first.  After all, we do pay your salary and we can stop paying it too!
 
* This is a catch phrase from the 1960’s television show, Lost in Space. The robot said this phrase when he tried to alert everyone of a dangerous situation.  To me, lack of excellent customer service is a dangerous situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment