Thursday, June 2, 2011

Text Addiction

I don’t really understand the addiction to texting. Why does anyone need to know what I am doing 24-7.  I prefer my life to be private.  But, some people tell every minute detail of their day.  Is it because we mistakenly think others care that much about us?  Or, are people’s egos so massive they feel they are the center of the universe? 

In the United States, as reported by CTIA in December 2009,  286 million US subscribers sent 152.7 billion text messages per month, for an average of 534 messages per subscriber per month.  The Pew Research Center found in May 2010 that 72% of U.S. adult cell phone users send and receive text messages.  And, that information is two years old! 

 I guess I miss face to face conversation and talking on the phone.  Could I be showing my age? 

No comments:

Post a Comment