Monday, June 6, 2011

WalMart Rules

I love Walmart.  I do!  I love going to one location and getting just about anything you want for a good deal.  Evidently, many people feel the same way I do.  Recently in an article from Fortune Magazine it declared this retail chain, “Planet WalMart” for 2010 and here are some reasons why:

1) They sold $421,849,000,000 in merchandise
2) They employ 2.1 million people
3) Their 8000 truck drivers drove 749 million miles (that’s circling the earth 30,000 times)
4) They have 952,203,837 square feet of retail stores and this figure does not include their parking lots, distribution centers nor offices
5) They are revamping the stores again to enhance more buying by meeting customer desires, wants and needs

I think the Federal Government should have consultants from WalMart giving them advice on the economy!  Let’s hear it for Sam Walton and his dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment