Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ahhh, Summertime

I am not a fan of summer.  I do not sweat well.  I do not like sticky skin.  I do not like dampish clothes.  I do not like high humidity.  I do not like the way by clothes wrinkle just by walking out the door.  I do not like a hot interior in the car.  I do not like daylight savings time because it just seems to add an hour of heat to the day.

When did this happen – not liking summer?  As a child, I could not wait until June to get out of school, lay out in the sun, play softball in the summer league, have a flower garden and be a total sun-up to sundown outdoor kinda gal.  What happened to that carefree life? 

Oh, that’s right.  I became an adult!  Adulthood can pull the living stuff out of life.  Would you agree?  But, being an adult doesn’t always mean we have to grow up.

I have made a pledge to get outdoors again this summer like I did in the 60s and not dwell on the things I do not like about the heat and humidity but just savor the joy of summertime.  Why don’t you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment