Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Is Good Customer Service?

I conduct Customer Service training.  It’s in my blood and I am acutely aware of Customer Service probably more than the average consumer.  I often watch employees as they serve or wait on customers.  Are they really connected to the people who pay their salaries?

Here’s three tips I believe would change American’s buying habits, if employees would:

1.  Have excellent eye contact
That’s right, look us in the eye when you wait on us. Show us that you are paying attention and you are focused on us – whether it be for a few seconds or several minutes.

2. Have a personality
Try it!  You know, talk to us, show us you know how to carry on a conversation, and ask questions to show us you care about meeting our specific needs.

3. Have a heart
This one is so easy.  If you know that the customer’s request is not the “norm” but you also know their request is not ridiculous, work with us!  Customers by and large are not there to make your life miserable.  We just want to feel important!

If you feel your staff could use a refresher course on excellent customer service, I would love to conduct a Customer Service for your organization.  Contact me at Laura@LauraHamilton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment