Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It’s The Westminster Dog Show Again!


If you have never watched the Westminster Dog Show you have to watch tonight on USA Network from 8:00 – 11:00 pm.  www.westminsterkennelclub.org  Even if you are not a dog lover, you will be amazed at the showmanship of these animals.  My husband and I make this an annual television event in our home. Of course, just like watching a Miss America Pageant, we always try to pick a winner before the name is announced.  Stuart always wins!  He just knows dogs way better than I do.  I look  for cuteness.  He looks for the athletic body and their abilities. 
           
I always wondered what happened behind the scenes at these dog shows, and never understood it until I watched Christopher Guest’s movie, Best in Show.  It is a hilarious mockumentary of dog shows, the dog show handlers’ and dog breeders’ world.  Christopher plays the blood hound dog breeder and handler from NC with just the right touch of southern humor.  If you’d like a great guffaw rent or download that movie soon!  You’ll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment