Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Tribute to Bill Brooks – A Winner In Every Way


During my twenties, I had the honor and privilege of working with Bill Brooks, CSP, CPAE, an outstanding speaker, trainer, consultant and coach.  Bill’s 67th birthday would have been February 6th. Bill passed away in 2007 and left everyone who knew him with a hole in their hearts - wanting him to return and patch the emptiness. Bill Brooks lived every second of his life totally in the moment and  on fire with the desire to achieve.  Not only was he brilliant in his speaking and training business but he was, without a doubt, one of the funniest humans that ever breathed.  He was as tough as a drill sergeant and as soft hearted as a man could be. 

 Bill Brooks had an amazing influence in my life.  He is responsible for my speaking career, by first, having faith in me and my raw abilities. Second, he offered incredible learning opportunities always in a creative, fun and sometimes painful life lesson. Third, he provided travel experiences with wonderful clients all over the United States.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not hear Bill, in my mind, continuing to give me words of wisdom. Today I pay tribute to Bill Brooks – a man who  touched thousands of lives and left everyone feeling better by merely walking into a room!


No comments:

Post a Comment