Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hot Flashes and Other Estrogen Tales


Why did women get the short straw on having hot flashes?  Hot flashes are just plain miserable.  They serve absolutely no purpose other than to tick a woman off!  Once that hot flash begins you try to keep a conversation going with someone and pray you’ll not become an ash pile in front of their eyes!

I remember when I first starting having symptoms of menopause.  I said to my gynecologist “Tell me about hot flashes.”  As soon as I asked - I had a flash.  I am talking about one of those frantic fanning- can’t keep your clothes on right now-don’t touch me ones.   She calmly looked at me as sweat was dripping off my hair and onto my hospital gown and said, “You’re too young to be having flashes.”  What?

Is it me or do docs depend too much on science, results of case studies and statistics to use some common sense any more?  Know what I did?  I found another doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment