Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Some like it hot


Have you ever known people who like hot weather?  What is wrong with them?  I mean the hotter it gets – the more they enjoy it. 

I have always been a mid 70 degree girl.  That’s my idea of perfect weather.   No sweating, no hot car seats, no hot door handles, no hot seat belts, no humidity limp hair. Why, that type of weather just makes you wanna say, “ahhhh.”

I once thought about moving to San Diego back in the 70s.  I thought it would be the most ideal place for great non 90 degree weather. I had lived in Phoenix, AZ with extreme heat four years prior and just wanted an abrupt change of scenery.   But, ya know, I missed North Carolina too much to make the move to that beautiful southern California oasis. 

You see, once North Carolina gets in your blood, you may leave for a while, but you’ll return. And, it doesn’t really matter if it’s hot and humid weather. We just exist in 70 degree air conditioned comfort during four hot months and live the good life the eight remaining months of the year in gorgeous NC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment