Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School


This month my blogs will have a Back to School Theme.  Just like a kid, I can’t wait to see the new back to school supplies being displayed in the aisles of stores.  I wanna look at all the new products and buy lots of them! 

I just love the back to school season and I am fortunate enough to be invited to speak at many convocations.  This year I spoke at the Convocations at Western Piedmont Community College and Mt Tabor High School.  The faculty and staff were very ready for a new school year to begin.

I like to sit back and observe the staff after they return from two months of being apart.  There are lots of hugs, handshakes, pats on the back, many laughs and great stories of summer vacations. But, in just a few days, the students arrive and these faculty members become “official teachers.” They put on that teacher face and play it straight until that final bell rings in May or June. 

Too bad students can not see their teachers as the fun loving group they really are.  Oh, I know they are playing a role but students yearn to know their teachers are just “normal” people, too!

I trust this school year that teachers will show their fun side so they will have a stress free and positive school year!

 
Always speaking at several convocations for public and private schools, community colleges and universities in August and September, here is a photo celebrating one such event in Camden County, NC in 2000!  As you can see, we had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment