Friday, December 16, 2011

National Chocolate Covered Anything Day


Finally a national day I can get into – National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!  Oh, there was
Congressional approval or a Presidential proclamation – it’s believed a confectioner started this day for the pure love of chocolate.

If I had my way, chocolate would be a food group.  Oh, I know nutritionists say that broccoli is the perfect food.  What?  You don’t think of reaching for broccoli when you’re down in the dumps.  You don’t think of hiding broccoli so someone else will not find in during your desperate time of need.  You don’t think of spreading broccoli on body parts.  Come on now nutritionists – look at it from my point of view.

Chocolate does have nutritional value!  It has antioxidants, it has natural fat (well, so do I but this is not the place to discuss that) and it contains magnesium, potassium and iron!  Don’t tell me that chocolate is not good for you. 

Nutritional charts do not show you is how chocolate can bring joy, comfort, ecstasy, security, a feeling of love, and a vivid, delicious smell full of wonderful memories. 

Chocolate is one of my best friends.  Celebrate National Chocolate Covered Anything Day with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment