Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Women: You’re Killing Yourself Getting Ready for The Holidays


What is wrong with us, girls?  We drive ourselves crazy during the holidays rushing from mall to mall, from county to county, from web site to web site, from sale to sale, looking at hundreds of possible selections to try to find everyone the perrrrfect gift. 

Then we receive a gift in a pre-wrapped department store gift box that had no thought nor love nor even hard work in being picked. They hand the gift to us and say, “We never know what to get you.”  Really? We look at the gift and fain excitement when deep inside ourselves we are thinking, “Is this the best you could do for me in the 365 days since last Christmas?”

Women do me a favor this year.  Write down exactly what you want, the website address, the catalog number, or the name of the store, directions to the store and be sure to include the coupon to save 40%!

Give this information to the person picking out your gift and say, “This is what I want.  Do not get me anything else but this. Even you can do this since I have done all the work for you.  If you get me this, it will be the first Christmas that you have given me anything I remotely wanted.  Thank you.  I’ll see you on Christmas morning.”  How’s that for a runaway sentence… and the truth?

Girls, if you do not receive the gifts you want – it’s your fault.  Speak up and enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment