Thursday, December 1, 2011

Can You Believe It Is December?

I don’t know about you but where did this year go?  I mean, it just seems like a few months ago I was writing you about a White Christmas at my house- oops that was in 2010! 

This is a most interesting time of year when people act like they all love each other juuust long enough to get a Christmas gift.  I am of the belief that God gave us families so we would have a place to call home.  God gave us friends so we can have a place to feel normal.  It’s simple!

Families are a working unit of adoration and appreciation; dysfunction and despair; longing and loving; tolerance and trials; and mercy and magnificence.  Families love us for the birth order in which we landed.

Friends are not units.  Friends are individuals who love and appreciate us for our special characteristics that our families never recognize.  Friends are vitally important as we discover our own individual path toward success.

We need both family and friends during the holidays to keep us balanced. I trust you are blessed with good friends and family.  Enjoy them this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment